The Source for All Your Flooring & Remodeling Needs!
Wood Flooring Allen TX
Elegant Wood Flooring for Your Home or Office
Most homeowners tend to shy away from choosing wood flooring due to budget limitations. Intimidated by the pricing of real hardwood, they prefer carpet and linoleum, supposedly cheaper alternatives. However, the benefits of wood flooring far surpass its cost. In the long run, you’ll actually be able to save more time and money by choosing wood flooring. Here are some of the many benefits of wood flooring:
- High quality wood flooring is durable. It can last for decades with relatively low maintenance and you won’t have to restore it for many years. Linoleum flooring needs regular replacement since it’s less durable and more susceptible to damage caused by everyday wear and tear. Carpets are prone to getting stained, torn, and frayed, and therefore typically require replacement about every five years. At first, carpets and linoleum flooring can seem like the better deal since they’re cheaper, but maintenance and replacement will end up costing you more.
- Cleaning wood flooring is obviously easier than cleaning carpeting. Brushing or light vacuuming is enough to keep it in perfect condition. Especially if you have pets or kids running in and out of the house on a regular basis and wreaking havoc on the floor, damp mopping is pretty much all you’ll have to do for hardwood flooring. Carpets, however, are a different story. They tend to make homeowners worry more about being careful with it, since have stains cleaned.
- When it comes to health and hygiene, wood flooring in Allen is superior to carpets, especially if you have pets in the house. Carpets are a known breeding ground for allergens and parasites, like fleas and dust mites. Furthermore, they trap dust and dirt as well. If you have family members who suffer from allergies, you’ll be doing them a huge favor by switching to wood flooring. Not only will this save you money, it’ll also spare your family further health issues.
- Wood flooring is charming and makes your home so much more welcoming. Carpets, on the other hand, tend to retain nasty odors from spills and accidents caused by pets or small children. Obviously that can be resolved by hiring carpet cleaners, but that can be quite costly.
- Wood also helps retain heat in your home.
- Obviously, like all materials, wood flooring might also retain scratches and damage in the long run. Even so, the restoration process for wood (sanding, sealing, and refinishing) is still cheaper than buying entirely new carpeting.
- The natural, aesthetic quality of wood never goes out of style. Linoleum patterns and carpet fashion change from time to time, but wood’s charm is ageless. It also adds a warm and cozy feel to your home.
Furthermore, if you want to sell your home at some point, wood flooring is more appealing to buyers. According to real estate agents, homes with wood flooring sell twice as quickly. If you’re interested in wood flooring, call Flooring Source of Texas!