Cabinet Carpentry: Get Your Cabinets Installed Today
If you have a new home, you’ll want your cabinets in place. While that’s an easy task for any homeowner, if you’re not sure how to install them and you don’t know what kinds of materials are available for better woodworking projects, it can be tricky. Get your cabinets installed today with the cabinet carpentry experts at Flooring Source of Texas!
What are your options for cabinet installation?
There are many different types of cabinet carpentry and installation, so it can be hard to decide which option is best for you. Here are some of the most common options:
- Free-standing installation: This option is best for cabinets that will be located near the floor. The cabinets are installed on the floor and then raised up, creating a more modern look.
- Floating installation: This option is best for cabinets that will be located in a high-traffic area, like in a kitchen. The cabinets are installed on a platform and then moved around to create the desired layout.
- Countertop installation: This option is best for smaller kitchens or bathrooms. The cabinets are installed on the countertops and usually require some assembly.
- Built-in installation: This option is best for larger kitchens or bathrooms. The cabinets are typically pre-assembled and then simply attached to the walls or ceilings.
Questions to ask before a cabinet installation.
- What are the dimensions of the cabinet?
- What type of wood is the cabinet made from?
- Is the cabinet nailed or glued together?
- What type of finish do you want on the cabinet?
- How many drawers/shelves will be in the cabinet?
- What type of doors/drawers do you need?
- How many cabinets will be in your project?
- How many cupboards will be in your project?
- What are the rules of the kitchen/bathroom where you are installing the cabinets?
- Which colors will you be using on your cabinets?
- How many glass doors or drawers do you need?
- How many interior cupboard doors do you need?
- What type of glass do you want to use for cupboard doors and sliding drawers?
- Do you want to install locks on your cabinet doors?
- Will any cabinets be installed near a window/sill or near a floor drain outlet/sump pit?
- Are there electrical outlets in that area where the cabinet is being installed?
How much will it cost?
Cabinet installation is a complicated and time-consuming task that should be done by a professional. A cabinet installation cost can vary depending on the size, style and complexity of the job. However, on average, a cabinet installation cost will range from $5,400 to $20,000.
If you’re looking to get cabinet doors or drawer fronts installed in your home, the cost will vary depending on the size and complexity of the job. However, on average, a cabinet refacing will cost between $5000 and $10,000.
Where should you install cabinets?
Installing cabinets can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Follow these simple steps and you’ll have your cabinets installed in no time.
First, decide where you want your cabinets to go. You may want to install them near a window or in an open space near the kitchen. Once you’ve decided where you want them, we measure the distance between the spot you chose and the wall. This gives us an idea of how wide your cabinet openings should be.
Next, we create a design template for your cabinets to make sure all the measurements are accurate and then transfer them to the actual cabinet surfaces.
Finding the perfect cabinet and fit for your home is our specialty. Our design professionals can help you decide from pre-manufactured cabinets to custom carpentry specifically made to fit your needs.
Choosing the correct materials for the job
Cabinet carpenters must choose the correct materials for the job, taking into account the intended function of the cabinet, the environment in which it will be used, and the budget.
Wood is a popular material for cabinets because it is rot and insect resistant, can be painted or stained to match any décor, and is relatively affordable. Cabinetmakers may opt for unfinished wood, which is less expensive but requires more time and care during assembly.
Metal is another popular material for cabinets because it is strong and resists warping. It can also be painted or stained to match any décor. However, metal cabinets are more expensive than wood cabinets and may require additional installation hardware, such as hinges and latches.
Interested in New Cabinets? Shop Flooring Source of Texas!
If you are in the market for new cabinets, Flooring Source of Texas is the perfect place to go. Our selection of cabinet styles and options will have something for everyone. From traditional to contemporary, we have it all. Plus, our team of experts can help you choose the right cabinet for your needs. With all of the different styles and options available, we will help you find something that works perfectly for your home.
New Cabinets come in many different styles and sizes. If you are unsure what size cabinets you need, our team of experts can help you find the right fit for any space. With our expert design consultants on-site, you can get the perfect layout for your kitchen or bathroom. No matter what your needs are, we will help you find exactly what you are looking for. We carry everything from traditional to contemporary cabinet styles at great prices and expert installation.
Flooring Source of Texas is a family-owned and operated business that has been servicing customers for over 33 years. We understand the importance of home modernization and we aim to meet your needs in effectively installing your choice of flooring.
We offer flooring installation and remodeling. Our flooring product line includes hardwood, laminate, tile, vinyl, and carpet. Flooring Source of Texas completes free estimates for customers and we offer installation at a fair price. We will meet and beat any written estimate! Call us today at (972) 778-6855 or schedule your free estimate online!